Our team at Elite Dental believes everyone deserves to have a beautiful smile.
Through innovative cosmetic dental treatments, Dr. Andrew E. Skasko helps men and women improve their overall smile appearance. He is committed to helping each individual achieve their dream smile by working closely with them at every step of their treatment process. By addressing cosmetic concerns such as discoloration, chips, cracks, and unevenness, Dr. Skasko can enhance the esthetics of the teeth and gums for a transformation patients can’t help but smile about.
A porcelain veneer is a thin shell composed of a porcelain material that is used to cover the front surface of the tooth. They are designed as a permanent way to change or enhance the look of stained, chipped, broken, or undesired teeth.
Teeth whitening is a cosmetic treatment done to improve the appearance of teeth by using bleach to remove the effects of coffee, tea, cigarettes, and other substances that permanently stain or discolor teeth.
Tooth reshaping, also called tooth recontouring, odontoplasty and enameloplasty, is a dental procedure that involves reshaping enamel to improve overall appearance.
Cosmetic bonding is the process in which tooth-colored materials are adhered to the tooth. This is a procedure that can be used to repair or improve the appearance of a tooth that has been badly stained, broken or chipped.
BOTOX® Injection Enhancements
BOTOX® Cosmetic can smooth lines by blocking nerve impulses that trigger wrinkle-causing muscle contractions.
Laser Gum Recontouring
Laser gum recontouring involves utilizing laser technology to carefully sculpt gum tissue and offer a more harmonious tooth display.
By combining multiple cosmetic solutions into one treatment plan, a smile makeover can transform the appearance of one’s teeth for beautiful, natural-looking results.
Additional Frequently Asked Questions About Cosmetic Dentistry
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry is a specialty within the dental field that focuses on enhancing the appearance of a patient’s smile. While optimizing the health and function of your teeth and gums should be the top priority of any dentist, cosmetic dentists have the skill and knowledge needed to provide esthetic rejuvenation as well. Using an array of different techniques, Dr. Skasko can help address a number of common cosmetic concerns, including tooth wear, stains, chips, cracks, and misalignment. During your personalized consultation, he can make specific treatment recommendations in order to help you attain the beautiful, natural-looking smile you desire.
How Do I Choose the Best Cosmetic Dentist?
Choosing a cosmetic dentist can feel overwhelming, but there are specific steps you can take to help narrow down your options and, ultimately, find the provider who can best help you achieve the smile of your dreams.
- Check Their Credentials. While every cosmetic dentist has received their dental degree, many choose to pursue post-graduate studies and continuing education opportunities in order to expand their skills and broaden their experience. Furthermore, professional affiliations—such as membership in the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry—typically require a cosmetic dentist to have demonstrated an advanced level of skill and dedication within their field.
- Look at Their Smile Portfolio. Most cosmetic dentists maintain a portfolio featuring before-and-after pictures of previous cases. These photos are typically available to view either on their practice website or in-person during your consultation. Viewing photos of previous patients can give you an idea of the results you can expect to achieve.
- Read Patient Reviews. Reading reviews can offer valuable insight into what kind of patient experience a cosmetic dentist provides. Whether you want to learn more about a dentist’s chairside manner, their office environment, or the quality of their results, reviews can provide helpful insider knowledge.
- Schedule a Consultation. Meeting with a cosmetic dentist in person is sometimes the best way to determine whether they are the right fit for your needs. A consultation allows you to ask specific questions and get a feel for whether you are comfortable with a prospective provider before making a commitment.
Will My Cosmetic Dentistry Results Look Natural?
Dr. Skasko and our team will work closely with you throughout the treatment process to ensure your cosmetic dentistry results look as natural as possible. We utilize digital imaging and smile design software to analyze the structures of the face and help patients visualize what their smile can look like. In many cases, Dr. Skasko can also give you a chance to “try on” your new smile using a temporary restoration. From there, adjustments can be made based on your preferences in order to ensure that the final results are optimally suited to your esthetic goals.
How Much Does Cosmetic Dentistry Cost?
The exact price of any cosmetic dentistry procedure will vary based on a number of factors, including:
- The procedure(s) being performed
- The scope of treatment
- The materials used during treatment
- Your geographic location
- The training, skill, and experience of your cosmetic dentist
- The technicians used to craft your restorations, if applicable
Here at Elite Dental, we believe it is important to fully customize each procedure to ensure the highest possible level of patient satisfaction. Therefore, we do not typically provide cost estimates until Dr. Skasko has had the chance to assess your oral health and consult with you about your goals for treatment. From there, a personalized price quote can be determined based on the treatment plan Dr. Skasko develops specifically for you.
If you are interested in financing your cosmetic dental work, please contact our office. A member of our team will be happy to provide you with more information and help you start the application process.
Want to learn how Dr. Skasko can enhance the look of your smile? Contact us to schedule your appointment to learn which cosmetic dental solutions may be right for you.